The YWCA of Oil City is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
The YWCA of Oil City has been serving the women and youth of Oil City, PA since 1924. We’ve been able to carry out our mission for nearly 100 years thanks to a caring and supporting community. We are honored to be part of a local network of quality organizations, all working together to enrich the lives of our adults and youth.
The YWCA is a non-profit organization that receives funding through the United Way, charitable trusts, our members, and the generosity of giving individuals. We also rely on volunteers to help us in a variety of roles. Learn more about supporting your YWCA on our Get Involved page.
We employ people who share in our mission and have a passion for our community. Our board of directors is a dynamic mix of women representing various backgrounds and ages. Click here to visit our Staff page.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
We offer a valuable and diverse range of programs and services to our community, including:
- Adult Programs, covering topics such as economic empowerment, cooking, financial planning, yoga, and self defense. We host regular AARP Driver’s Safety Classes, and a number of regular clubs including weekly Bridge, Quilters, Gallivanter’s Club, and Volleyball.
- Teen Programs, including regular clubs for girls in 4th through 9th grades, a Teen Fitness Club, our popular monthly Teen Dances, and the annual semi-formal Starlight Ball for kids in 6th through 9th grades. We also maintains a Dress Boutique, where girls can purchase semi-formal and formal dresses for nominal prices. Youth also have access to a game room and computers.
- Children’s Programs, including Zumba for Kids, cooking classes for boys and girls in kindergarten through 3rd grade, and an annual Summer Playground.
- A wide range of Health & Fitness services, all backed by a staff of certified fitness instructors and personal trainers. We offer a full calendar of exercise classes, a Cardio & Weight Room, massage therapy, and shower and locker room facilities.
- We host a number of long-standing Annual Fundraisers and community events, including the Antique Show & Sale, Oil Heritage Week’s Spaghetti Supper, and Sweet Treats.
- We have meeting rooms available for community use.
- We also have 6 private rooms available as low-cost housing for women.
- Throughout the year, we host health screenings and health awareness events, including a monthly Alzheimer’s Support Group.
A NOTE FROM OUR DIRECTOR
Our YWCA is committed to the community and we understand the importance of helping others. While many communities do not have a YWCA, we are fortunate to have one in Oil City.
Throughout the year we challenge ourselves to develop programs that support the women and youth of our community. We have so many gifted and generous women and youth who volunteer their time to educate, entertain, and empower our members and community at large.
Your support, through membership, volunteering, and donations, is what makes our YWCA a truly great YWCA.
Thank you to all who contribute and help us carry forth our mission.